Effective Date: May 28, 2018
Who am I?
Ian Whalley, I'm an independent graphic designer offering design and consulting services. I currently work from my studio in Somerset West, South Africa.
Why do I need to process personal data and what is the lawful basis for doing so?
I only collect a minimal amount of personal data to correspond with you about undertaking design or consulting work or to enter into a contract with you and to fulfill the terms of those contracts. So the lawful basis is therefore contractual.
What data do I collect?
Your name, email address, contact number.
How do I process personal data?
Transfer of personal data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
When do I share your data?
I only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- when you have provided your explicit consent for me to pass data to a named third party;
- when I am using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on my behalf and I have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfills my legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- when I am required by law to share your data.
In addition, I will only pass data to third parties where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. I aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to my processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where I relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that I may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. And a small fee may also be payable. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about my collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
My Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Effective Date: May 23, 2018
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share my content on the likes of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn we have included sharing buttons on our site.
If you click these share buttons cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Third Party Links
What are your choices regarding cookies
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: